In the midst of experiencing uncertainty, fear, and doubt in a daily changing world, it’s important for us to find ways to take care of ourselves and love ourselves well.
Many of us have heard of the five love languages: physical touch, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and words of affirmation. What would it look like to not only share these love languages with others, but to also use them to strengthen our own self-care routines?
Let’s look at what these languages would look like towards ourselves:
– Things that make your body feel good or focus on your physical being. Examples: Massages, Stretching, Physical Activity, Skin Care Routines
Acts of Service
– Doing or arranging things for yourself that make you feel good. Examples: Therapy, Acts of Kindness, Scheduling, Going Out.
– Treating yourself by purchasing things that make you happy. Examples: Trips, Craft Supplies, Investing in Yourself, Comfy Clothes
– Spending time alone, hobbies and doing things that you love. Examples: Meditation, Creative time, Taking yourself on dates, Relaxing
Words of Affirmation
– Giving yourself pep talks and encouraging yourself. Examples: Positive Self-Talk, Daily Affirmations, Journaling, Mantras
Take a moment to choose one thing from your top love-language category to start practicing towards yourself.
Originally posted on Grow Counseling
mental health awareness,